Are you interested in Studying in Canada? More International Students are choosing to Study in Canada than ever before. Canada, is one of the safest, most beautiful and diverse countries in the world which has now become a destination of choice. If you intend to study at a Canadian educational institution, most foreign nationals must apply for a study permit. A study permit, once issued, allows a foreign national to study in Canada at an approved institute for the duration of the specified course or program.

Eligibility to Study in Canada

To be eligible to study in Canada:

  • You must have been accepted by a school, college, a university or educational institution in Canada.
  • You must prove that you have enough money to pay for your:
    • tuition fees;
    • living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
    • return transportation for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada
  • You must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate.
  • You must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination, if necessary.
  • You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.

You may be a citizen of a country from which Temporary Resident Visas are required for entry into Canada. Please contact us for further information.

Study in Canada without a Study Permit

There are exceptions when you can study in Canada without having to obtain a Study permit, while you are here as a student. Study Permit Not Required if:

  1. If the course or program you intend to study is less than 6 months in duration.
  2. If you are a family member or staff of a foreign representative to Canada.
  3. If you are a member of a foreign armed force.

Work in Canada while you study

Working in Canada can go a long way towards supplementing your spending allowance to helping you gain valuable work experience.
A student may be able to work in Canada during the course of study under the following categories:

  • As an International Student, you are able to work “On Campus without a Work Permit” while completing your studies, certain conditions apply
  • As an International Student, you are able to work “OFF Campus without a Work Permit”
    If you are registered as a full-time student at a publicly funded educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution you may work up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions, and full time during school scheduled breaks, such as summer holidays, winter and spring breaks.

There are several work permit programs for international students who wish to bring and their spouses/common law partners that make working in Canada possible. NeVille International Immigration maintains connections with many Canadian Universities and Colleges and Secondary (High) Schools, we tailor your needs to get an excellent education.  Many programs allow a Post-Graduate Work Permit from 8 months to 3 years upon graduation from a qualified Canadian University or College. Call now to connect with the team at NeVille International Immigration to help with all your study needs.